Josephbourdilon.blogspot.com A sad story of Peace Ntuemene - A first class graduate

WHEN HARD WORK FAILS... Those Old Lines are Tales.. ( the Agony of a First Class graduate from Delta State who craves a better life)

".... study hard, make good grades n life would be so much easier for you, you will excel beyond your wildest dreams, everything would be smooth; the jobs others would find difficult to get, if your grades are good, you will be considered first, I tell you! Just make good grades and see how smooth the ride of your life would be".

That's what they told us, that's what we were made to believe but guess what? They lied to us. Yes! I think they did or maybe they said it because they felt it's what we needed to hear, they thought those words would make us focus or perhaps, things were easy in their own time.

That time when the best graduating students were given jobs even before the due dates of convocations, important persons from banks and other companies  
would attend convocations and offer life long opportunities to best graduating students and those life changing opportunities would raise the poor but serious and dedicated students to d places they dreamt of while studying hard all those years in school.

Truth be told, those days are GONE! The days where academic excellence was  
a high determinant of a successful future for a girl like me, whose single  
mother fought hard to give the best legacy(Education). The days when going  
to school with great focus and determination was of great rewards and ended  
up being very much appreciated, rather than social/political class or  
status, skin tone, hips/boobs sizes, pretty faces and all of these vanities  
that has bought the value of education over time.

At least, our parents had words of encouragement for us so we would be  
willing to read, they told us things to enable us remember why we were in  
school. Hence, sometimes, I truly wish I was born back then because looking  
at my life right now, I doubt if I have what to tell my kids when it's my  
turn.

How do I explain to them that hard work pays when fresh graduates who have  
refused to get their hands dirty are roaming the streets of Nigeria,  
jobless and drop outs are riding in luxurious cars and no one really  
cares. "The ends no longer justifies the means" because they are worshipped  
by those who should have cared about how they made it.

It's here in my mother land(Nigeria) that there is a proverb that  
says "hunger makes you discover your talent" and guess what? In Nija, that  
proverb makes a lot of sense because if you where a proud, jobless First  
Class graduate with a 4.73CGPA like me and you feel angry and really  
frustrated selling "zobo drink" after 4years in d four walls of a  
university, and an extra service year to your beloved country, you would  
realize that writing a piece this long to express your views is not so hard  
so, yes! Maybe I just discovered my talent through frustration but is that  
the best way? If yes, what does the future hold  for me and for all of us  
out here who studied to make a difference in order to avoid poverty?

Lord please, if not for anything, please, for the sake of our unborn  
children, I wish Nigeria would rise from this dust and give us better  
stories that would give birth to great words of encouragement from the  
heart for our unborn children.

I want a better life and so I pray for a better Nigeria but the big  

question is, who is willing to help because I'm ready for a change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Surprise

Obigbo Port Harcourt on fire and on the run as #EndSars protests continue. #Bloody

How God spoke to me about a teenager