How God spoke to me about a teenager

More often we find the Christian crusade a religion, and people don't get to experience the real spiritual parade. A believer would spend five hours praying, assuming more time on his knees would cause God to talk. But I find religion to be the problem of relationship with God.

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

God speaks to us more often when we are not praying. I hear God from my bathroom, I'm not saying He doesn't speak to me during prayer hours; He does speak. I want to use a story as a way of concrete evidence to God's voice. He has spoken to me many times, but I have chosen one story out of many.

I have this young teenager which happens to be my cousin. I taught him so many things even while I was an unbeliever. He grew up to be a fanatic; he would mention going to the army all his life, and I never spoke to it to veer his enthusiasm. I noticed he had joined himself with local gymsters, they lifted weight almost every day. One day I drove by the small market where we go get things for the house, and as I halted, I heard this young man at my front call me "Agbam!" It's a fish in my place, I was called that right from childhood until Jesus got me by the hand.

It is insolent and disdain to use such language in public or private. Well; the gentle man that I am, I approached him and cautioned him never to repeat such arrogance, because my people treat me with great respect, and I am no disrespect to anyone either. Days past and he didn't say a word to me. We live not very far from the same neighborhood, just around the corner.

Uh mm, the Lord spoke to me, He told me to go talk to him, and that He wasn't sending me to go be his friend, but to go instruct him as a preacher that I am. I asked the Lord in my mind to give me the opportunity, and I won't fail to talk to him. Well; opportunity came like a bird flying around the poles, and I did as the Lord hath told me about 4 days ago now. I told the young man to change his way, else he wasn't going to make it to the army. But he is a proud person; he told me he had changed but I could see he is not.

Today, the 20th of January 2017, I just received a report that he got into a big trouble, and they have his family in jail. The report says the case was going to court, and he would be imprisoned by the law. The young teenage boy in his early 18 is in a run, and nobody knows his whereabout. What if he had listened to what God told me? What if he had changed from his ways? I wasn't praying when God told me, and I shared this with Pst. Humble Power before it ever happened.

We need to always be in reception to what God is saying. God is not about who to talk to, He got billions of people in the world; He is rather about who will listen and obey His voice. One time the Lord told me to move my property, and the next day or so, some hoodlums broke in to steel and found nothing. Not a pin was missing from my room. We need to be receptive. I don't have blood pressure sir obeying what God says, except I'm the one saying it or someone else, because God's voice doesn't bring fear or guilt. Today, as you go on with your business and your life, be receptive!

                                       Thank you LifeChangers
                                            Joseph Bourdilon
                                         Founder@GraceWorld
                                            #GraceCrusade
                                      V.bobby89@gmail.com
                                  Fb.me/teamjosephbourdilon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Surprise

Obigbo Port Harcourt on fire and on the run as #EndSars protests continue. #Bloody