The Big Surprise

The Big Surprise 

*But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.  Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 2 Peter 3:10‭-‬11 KJV*

This is the hardest message for me to preach, because it's very difficult to convince people about the second coming of Christ. When you tell people about the coming tribulation, it sounds like Marvel science fiction. The world loves her comfort, nobody likes to be told the whole truth; even so called Christians like to be in a church where half the truth is taught. But woe to them that are at ease in Zion. For when they say peace peace, then sudden destruction will come upon them. We are in the time when our knees need to knock the ground. There is need for repenting of sin. There is a desperate call for absolute crucifixion of self will. I'm burdened and my spirit is groaning, because I know the kingdom of God is at hand. You can play around with sin but your conscience is telling the truth. 

The coming of the Lord will be like a thief in the night. It means a lot of people will be taken by surprise. Imagine you knew when the thief would break into your house, would you sleep? I believe you would drink lipton and find a sharp knife; some people would abandon their home. I'm not trying to scare you, but you need to be scared if you are living in sin right now. There is coming a tribulation of the world, and we are all in it. Before the coming of Christ there will be great sorrow, and it has just begun. Some people say the book of Revelation will happen after Christ's return, and after Christians have been raptured; It's not true at all. 

*For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.  But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 1 Thessalonians 5:3‭-‬4 KJV*

It's such a cheap gospel to preach that Christians will suddenly disappear before the tribulation. Jesus said "In the world you will have tribulation." He that endures till the end shall be saved. The idea that Christians will be raptured before the Antichrist reign is called 'escapology'. I do not find such illusion in the Bible. We should be careful what we hear and study to show ourselves approved of God. 

*And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.  And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Revelation 13:7‭-‬8 KJV*

The beast was given power to make war with the sinners? No, but it says "With the saints." It means we will be right here when the show begins. He that endures till the end shall be saved. When I watch the news; CNN, BBC and all that, I can tell that the time is nigh. Now is the acceptable time and today is the day of salvation. Our redemption is closer than when we first believed. For many it will be everlasting condemnation and tragedy, but for some it will be everlasting joy, forever in God's presence. Are you truly saved? I'm not talking about your religion now. Does Jesus know you? If you read your Bible and attend Bible school, you would think you know Jesus. I don't want you to be deceived. Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus? If your answer is no, I would like you to reflect on what I just told you and ask Jesus to save you right now. 

*Lord Jesus, I come today with open hands. I am tired of all my sins, and I surrender my will to you. I believe you saved me on the cross through your passion. I want to be saved. Therefore, I accept you as savior, healer and mediator. Amen!*

Joseph Bourdilon
*DαιlyDενοτιοηαl*

PUBLISH THIS MESSAGE

Comments

Anonymous said…
I was blessed by this. I hope it blessed you too

Popular posts from this blog

Obigbo Port Harcourt on fire and on the run as #EndSars protests continue. #Bloody

How God spoke to me about a teenager