Scroll Of The Martyrs: Those who died for a piece of book. Would you die?

Scroll Of The Martyrs 

*Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.  For whoever wants to save their life  will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it. Mark 8:34‭-‬35 NIV*

Comparing spiritual things with spiritual. This is the heart of the New Testament Evangelism, because men were willing to lay down their lives for a piece of book. But before they died they reckoned themselves already dead, because they crucified their flesh before they were burnt at the stake. Those days they sang as they were been martyred for Christ, because they wouldn't say "Caesar is lord." Stephen was been stoned to death, but he said "I see the heaven opened and the son of man standing on the right hand of God." Those days men gave their lives, but today men employ men to guard their lives. 

In 1415 Jan Hus was burnt at the stake by the Roman Catholic Church. He questioned the errors of the church that didn't align with scriptures, and he was excommunicated and martyred. Martin Luther wrote the 95 thesis and hung it at the door post of the church in Geneva. He believed that salvation was by faith and not deeds, therefore he was martyred in 1546. Today we are busy playing video games and watching stupid movies, we have no time to study scriptures and stand against those who teach error. In 1536 William Tyndale was burnt at the stake for translating the Bible into English. The Bible was read in Latin those days, and only the clergy and rich had access to reading it. I tell you sincerely, that these are my forerunners. Not one of these selfish, proud and moneysick preachers today are my example. 

*Therefore, I will always remind you about these things—even though you already know them and are standing firm in the truth you have been taught. And it is only right that I should keep on reminding you as long as I live.  For our Lord Jesus Christ has shown me that I must soon leave this earthly life, 2 Peter 1:12‭-‬14 NLT*

Those days men prepared to die, because Christ did not die so we can live to live, but Christ died so we can live to die. Peter said "The Lord Jesus has shown me that I must leave this earthly life." We find it hard to defend the Bible amongst our peers talk more of dying because of it. It's not a significant book that anybody should waste his time dying for. But I tell you that these men receive a sure reward than us. In fact, for many who will save their lives and deny Christ when the call comes upon them, they will have no reward. Why were they happy to die? Why did they not fight back and try to escape? Why did they not accuse their killers? They saw the heavens opened and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 

For whom do you think Jesus would say "Sit down at my right hand until I make all thy foes thy footstool?" These proud and moneysick celebrity preachers? No! But those who will reckon themselves dead. I believe Jesus would say that to you if you take this seriously. It is impossible to listen to what am saying and do them without growing spiritually, because I have tested it in my own life. Boy I'm happy with God. I'm not asking you to move to Pakistan to die for the gospel, but you can die at home. When you feel like losing your temper you can die to self. When you are tempted to lust you can die. If you do this, I can guarantee you, you will see Jesus. Reckon yourselves dead. Let us pray

*Dear Lord. We want to die but our flesh wants to stay up. We desire to lay down our lives, but at the same time we are unwilling to let the world go. We need serious help. Fill us with the power of the Holy Spirit, and give us the grace to walk the way of the crucified life in Jesus name, Amen!* 

Joseph Bourdilon
*DαιlyDενοτιοηαl*

PUBLISH THIS MESSAGE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Surprise

Obigbo Port Harcourt on fire and on the run as #EndSars protests continue. #Bloody

How God spoke to me about a teenager