100% Christlike


*But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, Philippians 3:7‭-‬8 KJV*

I hope our goal is to be 100% like Christ, and we can come closer to the top of that mountain everyday. Paul does not discourage us that's why he said "My goal is to win Christ." He was honest to say "I'm not there yet, but I'm pressing on to perfection." You can be 2% like Christ now, you don't have to be discouraged. The Apostle Peter denied Jesus, but few weeks later he was conducting a revival. God can turn a 2% believer to a 100%. We need to have faith for this. So often we use our faith for very stupid things; to buy 10 cars, get a visa out of God's plan etc. I haven't met one faith preacher that says he was using his faith to overcome sin, it's always used to overcome sickness and poverty. Something is wrong with the gospel we are hearing from these pastors. 

More than dying for our sins, Jesus also came to show us how God intended for man to live. How did Jesus handle money and the opposite sex? How did He respond to religiosity? Do you think Jesus was admiring every girl that went through His face? If you think so, then I don't believe you have the exact Jesus the Bible talks about, your Jesus is different. We are called to go the way Jesus went, and its the way of the cross. A Christianity without the cross is a cult. When Jesus refused to turn stones to bread He carried His cross. When He was called the Prince of devils, instead of cursing back He carried His cross. Is your life like this? I'm not saying you have to be exactly like Christ, but have you move towards that way? 

*And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:  That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; Philippians 3:9‭-‬10 KJV*

People who talk so much about discipline need to see that 10,000 years of self effort won't accomplish one day of God's blessing. Whatever does not come of faith is sinful, and its by faith that we become the righteousness of God. 100% is a long way up, but we have to begin from 1%. It's going to be difficult being a Christian in these last days, I hope you are not deceived. You see, some preachers are saying "Oh no, just come to Christ and everything will be fine, you will have lots of enjoyment." I have found in my own life that that's so untrue. Since Jesus found a miserable sinner like me, my problem began and never seem to have an end. 

I hope this challenges you like it does challenge me. Brothers and sisters strive to be 100% Christlike. What will matter when we come to the end of our lives are not the things we think are our security in this life. We want to stand before the judgment seat of Christ and have fewer regrets, we want to set things right now and love the Lord. May the Lord lead us higher up this mountain top. Let's pray

*Father. Thank you for speaking your heart to us. We want to become 100% believers, but its difficult Lord. We need help, help, help. 100 years later we couldn't make it except you help. Have mercy on our pride and please help us, Amen!*

Joseph Bourdilon
*DαιlyDενοτιοηαl*
https://www.facebook.com/TeamJosephbourdilon/
08160508916

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Surprise

Obigbo Port Harcourt on fire and on the run as #EndSars protests continue. #Bloody

How God spoke to me about a teenager