Speaking In Tongues: Both true and false. What you were not told

SPEAKING IN TONGUES
#JosephBourdilon

If you read my post recently on tongues, please read this to get a fuller version of my deep sorrow for deception. I have been called a devil for preaching this type of message. But I rejoice. I don't seek to be famous or make money from this post. You don't even have to click the like button. God bless you

*If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 1 Corinthians 13:1 NIV*

Hearing believers speaking in tongues for 12 years now, I can say that 99% of these tongues sound like clanging cymbal, because the devil is not afraid of them. The vagabond Jews were also trying to speak in tongues, but the devil made a mess of them. Please understand that I'm not against speaking with tongues; I speak in tongues in private. The Bible says "And ye shall receive power after the Holy Ghost is come upon you", see Acts 1v8. A lot of believers read it like this "And ye shall receive tongues after the Holy Ghost is come upon you." Let me ask you a question. If you are filled with an unclean spirit what will you become? Unclean! If you are filled with an angry spirit you become violent right? What if you are filled with the Holy Spirit? 

*But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8 NIV*

I have wept on my pillow for so long because of sin. I could tell that I wasn't filled with the Holy Spirit, because there was no true desire in my heart when I became a believer 12 years ago. But now as I see Jesus, and as I pray to be filled everyday with the Holy Spirit, I see a strong desire to hate sin. Many so called Christians who are speaking with tongues have zero desire for holiness, and they are supposed to be filled with the Holy Spirit. I'm not saying anyone is supposed to be perfect, but at least we should say like Paul "I have not already attained, but this one thing I do, forgetting what is behind and reaching forth for what lies ahead." It means we will press on to perfection if we really have the Holy Spirit.

Steven was filled with the Holy Ghost. You could tell from his life not from his tongues. Paul said "I'm happy I speak in tongues more than you all." But we do not reckon him as an Apostle because of his tongues but because of his example. I used to be a victim of copy righted tongues. I joked around my pastor's tongue for years thinking I could learn speaking in tongues. Some people became proud because they could speak quite well in tongues. Today, I can write in capital letter that "THEY WERE NOT REALLY FILLED." If the gift of God makes you proud then its fake. If I build you a house can you be proud? No! You can be proud only if you built it yourself. 

Jesus has come to save us from all our sins, and He empowered us with the Holy Ghost. If we speak in tongues and fall into more sins and have no real sorrow for it, can we really say we are filled? 99% of believers just said yes. No wonder the most religious countries are turning out to be the most crime centers. There is no weeping for to be filled with the Holy Spirit. When I mean weeping, I'm not saying you have to cry before you can be filled. I'm actually saying we have to come to a place where we weep because we are sick and tired of our defeated lives. Speaking in tongues has to be done in secret, and your father which sees in secret will reward you openly. Let's pray

*Lord, we are sick and tired of our defeated lives. We want the true baptism with power over sin. We may not get tongues but we desire power, and if you give us tongues we will use it in praising you. In Jesus name fill us up, and take all the glory for it. Amen!*

Acts 1v1-8, 2vs1-4
1 Corinthians 14
2 Corinthians 7v1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Surprise

Obigbo Port Harcourt on fire and on the run as #EndSars protests continue. #Bloody

How God spoke to me about a teenager