Your First Love

Your First Love

*Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;   Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.   Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. Revelation 2:1‭, ‬4‭-‬5 KJV*

When a boy and a girl falls in love with each other, they become so crazy about it and want to spend time together, send love letters, share gifts etc, and when they finally get married they become sick and tired of each other. Well, I know people do not write letters now, but in my early days we did, and I received a lot. The church at Ephesus was planted by Paul. By the time John wrote the book of Revelation Paul had been martyred and only John was left of all the Apostles. But the elders whom Paul raised had become lukewarm in their devotion to Christ. They were still holding crusades and Bible studies, but the fervent love in which they had when Paul appointed them had disappeared. 

*Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. Revelation 2:5 KJV*

Many of you reading this you know your love for God is cold now in comparison to when you first believed. I have met brothers and sisters who when they first believed were so radical, but after a few weeks or so they become dry and passive. Jesus says to such people "I will come quickly and remove your candlestick." We can begin to examine ourselves now and see if burning in our hearts now is a fire that never burned before. Are we making progress in our devotion or we are diminishing? You know the answer if you are sincere. A lot of believers lose their salvation without even knowing it, and they can think themselves to be saved because there is no repentance before their eyes. 

Let me give you an exam. What's the biggest goal of your life? What's burning on the altar of your heart? Burning in the hearts of so many believers is television and movies; no wonder there is such a deadness in the church. I have entered so many dead churches that had music, comedy, drama etc. They use these things to keep the people because its already a dead church. Remove music and comedy from many churches and its closed. Brothers and sisters take this seriously. Our devotion to Christ is more than anything else. Zac Poonen said "I prefer 10,000 sicknesses than one sin in my conscience." This is a man that takes the Christian life seriously. 

For many of us our marriage is more serious than devotion to Christ. Our comfort is more important. I can say to you now that you are not fit to be a disciple of Jesus. This is a wake up call for all of us. Let's pray

*Dear Lord. You just spoke to us. It's me you are talking about now not Ephesus. I repent from my passivity and deadness. Fill me with your Spirit and quicken me in Jesus name, Amen!*

Joseph Bourdilon
*DαιlyDενοτιοηαl*

josephbourdilon@gmail.com
+2348160508916
PUBLISH THIS MESSAGE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Surprise

Obigbo Port Harcourt on fire and on the run as #EndSars protests continue. #Bloody

How God spoke to me about a teenager