Walking with God

Reformed Christian Fellowship Weekly Devotion. 

Topic: Walking with God/ Bro Joseph Bourdilon 

Date/AD21/12/2022

14 years ago I began to walk with the Lord, with many stumbling and backsliding. I am a prisoner of Christ but many times I tried to escape prison. In the world love sets people free, but for me love kept me in. The greatest thing in my life is not my wife or my ministry, it is my walk with God. I had no wife nor ministry when God began to help me. I didn't preach a single sermon in 4 years. I didn't know anything to preach, came from a catholic background where we didn't go to church with Bibles. If I have grown or made progress, it is clearly because I followed the Lord all these years. 

Genesis 5:24 And Enoch walked with God: and he [was] not; for God took him.

We have a very brief mention of Enoch in the Bible. The most popular phrase in the Bible about Enoch is "Enoch walked with God." This was the description of the man's life. The man became invisible because God took him. Intimacy is always the symbol of a healthy relationship. Enoch had no Bible, there were no church meetings in those days, no revival crusades, no YouTube to watch recorded sermons. We have all these spiritual aids but we walk more with men than with God. I live in a generation where men exalt themselves. 

Understand that Enoch wasn't the one who wrote the Mosaic texts, it was Moses. Today your pastor would've told the writer to note "Write that I am the major one, the apostle of fire" etc., a man who truly walks with God has no need to exalt himself, because God will exalt him. In our fellowship we address people as brothers and sisters, that's the highest form of honor. We are more concerned about our relationship with the Father than what we are called. 

So without those spiritual aids Enoch walked with God, and because of that he was taken by God. It's common amongst those who walked with God to be taken by Him. I discovered the secret of Enoch, and if we will be eager to follow in the footprints of Enoch we will be taken. 

Hebrews 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Enoch walked by faith and his life was pleasing to God. You know in all these years I have sort to do only one thing; to be pleasing to God and therefore I have offended many men. I don't get invited to preach as I did have in the early years. Many pastors consider me to be a heretic and false prophet. I am hated in Babylon. Enoch was hated too but I believe he was determined to please God. Let's walk with God today. Let's not work with tradition or the rudiments of this world, let's not walk with the trend or what is popular, let's walk with God in purity and sincerity of heart. 

At the end of our lives it can be said that "Joseph Bourdilon walked with God." Many of you will have written on your gravestone "So and so became a billionaire", but for some of us not much will be written but only "He walked with God." I don't want my obituary to be written like it is today. You see things like "Exit of an icon, exit of a legend", all lies. But my family should be able to say "Here is a man who walked with God." Let it be true when its written upon our gravestone. Enoch had a pure testimony and we can strive for that. May the Lord keep us from falling, Amen

Maranatha! 

RCF Nigeria 🇳🇬  
Isiokpo, Port Harcourt. 510000.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Surprise

Obigbo Port Harcourt on fire and on the run as #EndSars protests continue. #Bloody

How God spoke to me about a teenager